We still have school places available in reception for September 2019, please contact the school office on 0191 5947962 if you would like to find out how to secure a school place.
Welcome to Our School
The purpose of this website is to introduce you to Hill View Infant Academy and to provide information you may find useful.
We provide education for children aged 3 to 7 years. We have a large nursery for 104 children aged 3-4 and then are a four form entry school from Reception to Year 2. We are part of a MAT (Multi-Academy Trust) with Hill View Junior Academy.
As our reputation and OFSTED reports (2001 and 2007) fully endorse, we have many strengths. These include very high standards of teaching throughout the school, demanding expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour. In addition to this we firmly believe in providing all children with a wide range of opportunities, sporting, musical, cultural, recreational and social. We offer extended care for both nursery and school children from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Our aim is to provide each child with an education that will equip them to become responsible citizens, to make informed choices having both self respect and respect for others. To achieve this we provide an extensive range of opportunities beyond the school day, in a caring and safe atmosphere.
Please enjoy browsing our website where you will find much more about the life of our school.
Latest School Events
- SCHOOL RE-OPENS FOR AUTUMN TERM04Sep2019
- Nursery children had an amazing time joining in their sports day on the field this morning. We have some athletes in the making!
- Click the link below for photos of some of the exciting things class 7 have been up to.
- On Wednesday 17th July we will be saying a final goodbye to Mrs Gillian Earl who has been a teacher and member of staff at Hill View Infants for 42 years!
- We would like to say a big thank you to all the children and their families who came along to the Sunderland Empire yesterday to see our y1 and y2 violinists perform.
- Class 5 and 8 have added photos of what they got up to on our Enterprise Week.
Week ending 19.07.2019
This % will be updated on a weekly basis on a Monday
Our school target 2018-19 is 96.6%
Please download our app by searching for School Jotter on any device store and entering Hill View. You will then receive notifications of anything added to our site. Click here to download the QR Code