We still have some school places available in reception. Please contact the school office on 0191 5947962 if you would like to find out how to secure a school place.
Welcome to Our School
The purpose of this website is to introduce you to Hill View Infant Academy and to provide information you may find useful.
We provide education for children aged 3 to 7 years. We have a large nursery for 104 children aged 3-4 and then are a four form entry school from Reception to Year 2. We are part of a MAT (Multi-Academy Trust) with Hill View Junior Academy.
As our reputation and OFSTED reports (2001 and 2007) fully endorse, we have many strengths. These include very high standards of teaching throughout the school, demanding expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour. In addition to this we firmly believe in providing all children with a wide range of opportunities, sporting, musical, cultural, recreational and social. We offer extended care for both nursery and school children from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Our aim is to provide each child with an education that will equip them to become responsible citizens, to make informed choices having both self respect and respect for others. To achieve this we provide an extensive range of opportunities beyond the school day, in a caring and safe atmosphere.
Please enjoy browsing our website where you will find much more about the life of our school.
Latest School Events
- Anti-Bullying Week11Nov2019
- Parents Evening - whole school11Nov2019
3:15 pm - 12 nov, 5:30 pm
- Nursery parents evening12Nov2019
- Odd Socks Day - Anti Bullying Week12Nov2019
- Check out our class pages to see some beautiful photos of class 2 and 4 in Backhouse Park this morning
- Mrs Crompton and Mrs Johnston would like to run a phonics workshop for any parent who would like to know more about ways to help their child with reading and phonics at home.
- Congratulations to the below children who were chosen as winners for our Road Safety Competition. Alice in class 5 was chosen as the overall winner and her poster will be sent to the Local Authority. The winning design will be made in to a street sign!
- Class 5 have had a very shocking day! When we came in this morning a crime scene had appeared. Someone had stolen all of our books that we read for pleasure.
Week ending 25.10.2019
This % will be updated on a weekly basis on a Monday
Our school target 2019-20 is 96.6%
Please download our app by searching for School Jotter on any device store and entering Hill View. You will then receive notifications of anything added to our site. Click here to download the QR Code