We still have some school places available in Reception and Year 1. Please contact the school office on 0191 5947962 if you would like to find out how to secure a school place.
Welcome to Our School
The purpose of this website is to introduce you to Hill View Infant Academy and to provide information you may find useful.
We provide education for children aged 3 to 7 years. We have a large nursery for 104 children aged 3-4 and then are a four form entry school from Reception to Year 2. We are part of a MAT (Multi-Academy Trust) with Hill View Junior Academy.
As our reputation and OFSTED reports (2001 and 2007) fully endorse, we have many strengths. These include very high standards of teaching throughout the school, demanding expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour. In addition to this we firmly believe in providing all children with a wide range of opportunities, sporting, musical, cultural, recreational and social. We offer extended care for both nursery and school children from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Our aim is to provide each child with an education that will equip them to become responsible citizens, to make informed choices having both self respect and respect for others. To achieve this we provide an extensive range of opportunities beyond the school day, in a caring and safe atmosphere.
Please enjoy browsing our website where you will find much more about the life of our school.
Our upcoming Using the Outdoors to Develop Characteristics of Effective Learning course, taking place on Friday 14th February 2020.
If you wish to reserve a place please contact the school office on (0191) 5947962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest School Events
- Nursery Christmas Crafts02Dec2019
12:00 am - 06 dec, 1:00 am @ in nursery
- Video recording of performance rec and y105Dec2019
1:00 pm - 06 dec, 3:00 pm @ school hall
- Video recording of performance y205Dec2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm @ school hall
- Nursery Induction Session (January 2020 new starters)06Dec2019
10:00 am - 10:45 am
What our parents think of us...
“What a fantastic school! From the minute I walk my daughter to breakfast club I know she is well looked after. She has grown and developed so much. Every member f staff is warm and welcoming.”
“Most definitely a lovely school, lovely teachers and lovely staff”
“It is a lovely school and everyone who works there is a credit”
“School is amazing when it comes to any concerns I have”
“my child is only in nursery at present but already loves coming to school. we are more than happy with the school and know he has such a brilliant time now and ahead of him… really impressed!”
“My child is very happy and settled at school. I am very pleased he attends Hill View. Great progress made this year. A special than you to all the teachers”
“I can’t thank you enough for the education, care and development my child has received since staring. In my opinion nothing at all needs to change or be improved. Everything is fantastic, especially the staff!”
“The curriculum is very inclusive and rich-offering the appropriate level of challenge and support. We definitely made the right choice of school!”
“The teachers have given my child a great gift of helping her learn to read, she gets so much pleasure and pride out of reading”
“I feel that the school has a great balance of fun and learning. The children love the OPAL project. It has increased play time fun and is a great way for the children to use their imaginations. All staff are very approachable and helpful… a lovely school”
“Continue being fantastic! Amazing school throughout the years, putting the children first everytime!”
- Below we have chosen some amazing authors that each year group will focus on this year: Nursery: Jill Murphy Reception: Janet & Allan Ahlberg Year 1: Julia Donaldson Year 2: Roald Dahl / C. S. Lewis
- Yesterday we officially opened 'The Reading Den' in school. This is a calm and peaceful place where children can relax and enjoy books!
- Take a look at our class pages over the weekend to see new photos from some classes in school. The children have been learning lots of new things this week.
- Check out our class pages to see some beautiful photos of class 2 and 4 in Backhouse Park this morning
- Mrs Crompton and Mrs Johnston would like to run a phonics workshop for any parent who would like to know more about ways to help their child with reading and phonics at home.
Week ending 25.10.2019
This % will be updated on a weekly basis on a Monday
Our school target 2019-20 is 96.6%
Please download our app by searching for School Jotter on any device store and entering Hill View. You will then receive notifications of anything added to our site. Click here to download the QR Code