Welcome to Our School
The purpose of this website is to introduce you to Hill View Infant Academy and to provide information you may find useful.
We provide education for children aged 3 to 7 years. We have a large nursery for 104 children aged 3-4 and then are a four form entry school from Reception to Year 2. We are part of a MAT (Multi-Academy Trust) with Hill View Junior Academy.
As our reputation and OFSTED reports (2001 and 2007) fully endorse, we have many strengths. These include very high standards of teaching throughout the school, demanding expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour. In addition to this we firmly believe in providing all children with a wide range of opportunities, sporting, musical, cultural, recreational and social. We offer extended care for both nursery and school children from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Our aim is to provide each child with an education that will equip them to become responsible citizens, to make informed choices having both self respect and respect for others. To achieve this we provide an extensive range of opportunities beyond the school day, in a caring and safe atmosphere.
Please enjoy browsing our website where you will find much more about the life of our school.
Latest School Events
- Fairtrade Fortnight25Feb2019
- School reopens25Feb2019
- Y2 Swimming - Class 226Feb2019
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 'SMILE' mishmash production01Mar2019
Celebrating Early Years Conference 15th February 2019
Join us at our conference which will provide the opportunity for teachers and leaders to fully explore the EYFS, and its impact on outcomes throughout the school.
For further information please click here (link to booking form and flyer)
*This conference is for Teachers, Leaders and Professionals only
Hill View Infant Academy News
- Chinese New Year in Nursery has been great fun!
- There's a monster hiding in Nursery! The children wanted to make him a biscuit and some monster juice, he also wrote a letter to the children telling them he was a friendly monster and would like to share the biscuit!
- We are offering FREE seminars on behaviour management strategies. These will cover 4 areas where behaviour can be problematic: 1. managing fighting and aggression, 2. dealing with disobedience, 3. hassle free outings 4. Developing good bedtime routines.
- OPAL is a success!
- Children LOVED Kidsafe this week. Ask them about what they must do if they are being bullied...can you guess which of the 3 things this is?
Week ending 04.02.2019
This % will be updated on a weekly basis on a Monday
Our school target 2018-19 is 96.6%
We still have some places available for Nursery September 2018 and will also be offering intakes across the year as children turn 3 year old. Please contact the school office for more info.
Please download our app by searching for School Jotter on any device store and entering Hill View. You will then receive notifications of anything added to our site. Click here to download the QR Code