Applicants for ALL primary schools in Sunderland will receive their Primary Offer by email on 16th April 2019 in accordance with City of Sunderland's admission policy. No offers can be made prior to this date.
Welcome to Our School
The purpose of this website is to introduce you to Hill View Infant Academy and to provide information you may find useful.
We provide education for children aged 3 to 7 years. We have a large nursery for 104 children aged 3-4 and then are a four form entry school from Reception to Year 2. We are part of a MAT (Multi-Academy Trust) with Hill View Junior Academy.
As our reputation and OFSTED reports (2001 and 2007) fully endorse, we have many strengths. These include very high standards of teaching throughout the school, demanding expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour. In addition to this we firmly believe in providing all children with a wide range of opportunities, sporting, musical, cultural, recreational and social. We offer extended care for both nursery and school children from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Our aim is to provide each child with an education that will equip them to become responsible citizens, to make informed choices having both self respect and respect for others. To achieve this we provide an extensive range of opportunities beyond the school day, in a caring and safe atmosphere.
Please enjoy browsing our website where you will find much more about the life of our school.
Latest School Events
- Y2 Swimming - Class 319Mar2019
- Class 3 Assembly22Mar2019
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm @ School Hall
- Parents Evening - Rec, Y1 & Y225Mar2019
3:15 pm - 6:00 pm
- Y2 Swimming - Class 326Mar2019
Hill View Infant Academy News
- Check out our website to see some photos of class 5 out on their trip
- We had a great turn out for our annual FRED day (Fathers Reading Every Day)
- Thank you to all families for taking the time to dress up your children for WBD 2019. We were astounded by some of the marvellous costumes. The child with the most creative costume in each class received a certificate and a book.
- Don't forget our book fair is on all week this week.
- On Friday we saw a performance from a String Trio (violin, viola and cello). The musicians told a story through music, movement, puppets and props, of a tiger who had lost his smile and his adventures on his quest to find it!
Week ending 01.03.2019
This % will be updated on a weekly basis on a Monday
Our school target 2018-19 is 96.6%
Please download our app by searching for School Jotter on any device store and entering Hill View. You will then receive notifications of anything added to our site. Click here to download the QR Code